9.16.2010

I got the best reader email the other day;

Thank you so much for the awesome post about Joshua Tree! Basically I planned my best friend's bachelorette party around your blog and you! She wanted a "Girls in the wilderness/Indians on the loose" type bachelorette and so of course I planned it in Joshua Tree (thanks to you)!** We rented this AMAZING house* in Yucca Valley. The house was incredible! about 2 miles off on this dirt road in the middle of no where surrounded by nothing but beauty and nature! We were all freaking out that this rental house was stocked with Heath Ceramics...a personal favorite!!

I made the bride-to-be a feathered headdress and all of us ladies had matching headbands to bring out our wild sides! And thanks to you, we enjoyed one of the best nightouts EVER at Pappy and Harriet's! It couldn't have been more perfect! I just wanted to thank you so much for inspiring and sharing! I attached some fun photos from our weekend...

Thanks again!

Kendall



Rad. Thanks so much for sharing. Looks like you guys had a blast. Any idea where I can find some of those little black booties?

*that house, um yeah.
**certainly inspired a little by Paige, as well?

9 comments:

  1. OK. We need to plan a trip there ASAP. And congrats on getting fan mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That house! Well, as you know, your wedding posts have been sitting in my mind all this time waiting to inspire my new blog design:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you can rent that house for only $350! That's like the price of a 100 sq ft hotel room in NYC. I know it's not NYC, but I think it's cooler...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:59 PM

    whoa. bad.ass. jamie. we're planning a trip. i am coming to california, and we are going. and we are going to wear feather head dresses + play in the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wheeeeeen are you cooommmmiiiinnng.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate to be a hater, but i'm kind of tired of white people wearing headdresses. think about it people. it's not cute. everything else about this is cute, except that.

    this pretty much sums up how i feel about the subject: http://www3.arts.umich.edu/ink/2010/04/14/the-hipster-headdress-a-fashion-faux-pas/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ashlie. headresses are ALWAYS cute. take your haterade elsewhere.

    thanks jamie for the shout out.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Motocicleta7:16 AM

    No, white kids, no.
    http://nativeappropriations.blogspot.com/2010/04/but-why-cant-i-wear-hipster-headdress.html

    ReplyDelete