3.07.2010

I swear I left the house this weekend, really I did. For fun, interesting and social things. Did I bring my camera? No. Okay, but honestly the bulk of the weekend was spent sulking around the house. I planned to work all weekend, but then decided to indulge myself when I didn't feel like it. Bad idea. I am not good at switching gears, and since I didn't have any alternate activities in mind, sulking around ensued. I did read a lot, so that's always nice.

Oh yeah, that porsche? I have been crushing on it for YEARS. They often keep it covered (good owners) so I was so happy to finally walk by it uncovered, with my camera. One time, years ago, I asked Ben, "Wouldn't that car look SOOOO cute next to my bike?" He scoffed and said "You can't compare a porsche to a honda." Hmph. Who was comparing? Just, um, pairing.

11 comments:

  1. oh man, why do boys always have to be so contrary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lord knows. I mean, they WOULD look killer next to each other, right???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should ride by it on your bike (the next time it's uncovered) and pause a moment, just to prove him wrong.

    Also, I love the photo with the Kombi. I'm obsessed with those VW buses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you neeeed that car.

    Just like I neeeeed one of those terrariums.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these pictures. Everything looks so green and airy in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm swooning over the amazing light you guys get in your home. swooning, and seething with envy. whatever. also, i'm really craving fancy beer now. preferably with cheese. hmmm, cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well of course that little 911 (looks like a 911- right?) would look pretty ideal next to the bike. Because girls with motorcycles need Porsches for when it rains.

    And yes, we are all coveting your Tend orbs of succulent perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally need that car, you would look fabulous in it. The pictures are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i learned how to drive on a porsche just like that one. it was white, except it had the german plates on it still (under the california ones) from when my dad bought it when he was stationed in europe.

    except, he sold it a week before my 16th birthday. no joke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU TOLD ME BEFORE. so rad. and also sad, the selling part. this was a 912. i always wonder the year, i like to think it is a 69 so it could be the same as my (ex)*bike

    (miss you!)

    *tear

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, a white 912. i think it was a 68?? can't remember when my dad was in germany {well, because i wasn't born yet}.

    miss you too! working so much, i have to steal away for 10 minutes to read some blogs...
    xox

    ReplyDelete