8.28.2008

Venue that we didn't chose, chapter III






This little unassuming, ahem, masterpiece in West Hollywood might be 80% of what drove me to architecture school. [damn masterpiece!] So when I found out that the place was rented for events, it was immidiatly short listed as a wedding venue. No sooner was it vetoed by Ben Left, who very reasonably did not want to have our wedding in Los Angeles when none of our friends or family live there. Any urges I might have had to press the issue where let go of when I learned that because of it's residential context, partie must end by 11PM [I think] and can't have very loud music. Not very conducive for the, you know, all night boogie-ing that we require.

All that being said, this is the most dynamite location for an intimate and low key ceremony/reception. It is like a modern private country retreat smack in the middle of l.a. I am thinking a very chic cocktail hour with a quiet band and passed hors d'oeuvres.

And, it is one of the most remarkable buildings I have even been in. Designed and built by Rudolph Schindler in 1922. Even if you are not looking at it for a wedding, I highly recomend a visit there. More info here.
















No comments:

Post a Comment