10.06.2011

Thank you for your kind words yesterday. In return I offer you delicious food. Our neighbor has a fig tree which hangs over in to our yard. One summer, I ate so many that it hurt my mouth. (Has that ever happened to you? What gives.) And so last summer, like a child, I was afraid of them. Before the last ones rotted away last week I went and picked a few, and we have been eating delicious flat bread + fig pizzas.

The one above is simply; salt + pepper, oregano, sheep feta, olive oil and figs. Last night we also added; sauted onions, fresh thyme, and fresh arugula. I think I like it simple better. The sweet and savory and salty are soooo mouthwatering. I was also pleased to see Mark Bittman was having the same meal as us. (Pats self on back.)

6 comments:

  1. This has certainly convinced me to hoard some figs this season!

    http://cestlavieophelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love figs. love figs even more on thin flat bread. i like some rocket with mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:32 AM

    oooooh i looove figs. can i come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm ... I like figs every way but straight off the tree. I don't know what it is, but I can't bring myself to eat them whole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am addicted to fig season every year. if i tell you i've probably eaten 100 figs in the last week would you believe me? it's totally true. why did your mouth hurt? i've never had that problem.

    we had a fig tree in our yard in LA and i miss it so.

    ReplyDelete