9.06.2011

I wanted a special beverage to bring over to a friend's house on Sunday and so, with a little guidance from my favorite (west coast) chef, I came up with a (very) modified version of this mixer. I used blue berries and raspberries (plus 1/2 cup of water and 3T of agave nectar for each cup of fruit) and simmered it all down to a syrup. I also put in a little fresh thyme that we happened to have. I was nervous about the thyme, but it could have used more after all. We drank is Sunday simply with sparkling water, but that night after Henry was in bed I made (sort of) a margarita with it. Yum.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:37 AM

    YUM. Celia is a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know. i was very curious from your early photo. look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'll have to try this before summer is up. Thanks for sharing (here) and on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an awfully *pretty* thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm, this looks so refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is amazing, jamie! love the ingredients, love the images.
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. Tried it out over the weekend with st. germain & club soda...delish.
    p.s.
    the photos are great too!

    ReplyDelete