A number of you mentioned in my very informal survey that you don't mind when I post nesting + the home design type stuff. Well how about you help me. I feel like our living room is getting kinda out of control lately and I am itching to clean it up. We can't afford any big changes, but can do little things here and there. Also, we need to baby proof this shit! The spaces at hand, for your reference;
(please note I refrained from picking up or doing any styling for the photographs. Pre baby this would be considered a mess. Post baby, it is considered well picked up.)
And so these are our main living spaces. The nook is a little bit bigger than the photo would have you believe. Now would you like an itemized run down of the issues? You would?
1. I love this coffee table. It was the first real furniture we ever purchased, from an estate sale right after Ben and I moved in together. But it is effing huge. So are the two side tables (even huger) that are out in the shed. I used to love its size, but now I want room to play on the floor with the babe. I'd like a smaller one, but I am hesitant to sell this one, and we don't have room to store it. DILEMMA.
2. I never thought I would say this. We have to many chairs. See above re: floor space. No way am I selling the Bertoia. Do I ditch the rocking chair? (Baby isn't attached to rocking in it.)
3. I was so inspired to photograph the space "as is", I actually stopped in the middle of sweeping. Don't worry. I have since cleaned the pile. (Undoubtedly, a new one has formed.)
4. Oh, the couch. It is the most terrible material, and so it is covered with a canvas drop cloth. If I could buy but one piece of real furniture it would be a couch. Sadly, this will not happen in the foreseeable future.
5. That dinky little vintage light is kinda awkward right there between the couch and the heater, huh? In general, our lighting situation is a little poor.
6. Remember when I hung these shelves? Yeah. I did a shit job. And I am worried they will fall on the baby. Plus it just feels so crowded. I took all the heavy books off and the nicer breakables and am considering if I just want to tear it all down, or fix.
7. My collection of Tend orbs from Britt used to be so well arranged. They have gotten shuffled over the years and now hang in sad singles here and there. Just a simple matter of redoing.
8. Oh, the computer. I am tired of it being in the living room. Must move it back to the nook. (Where I would like to build a desk that runs the length between the walls below the windows, with amps underneath. Simple slim wood top with these legs.)
9. Can't decide between keeping the low console with the stereo on it (and teaching Henry not to touch, but knowing that if he does it won't be dangerous or something irreplaceable) or putting in a (short) fauxdenza. I think I'd like to do a fauxdenza. Right where the computer desk is. It would help with the storage problem presented in removing the shelves from item 6.
10. See items 1 and 2 re floor space. Said space needs a rug.
Wow, are you still here?
Thoughts and opinions welcome. Clearly, I am floundering here.