12.30.2009



Well, when it came down to it, I had time to either bake the candied orange peels that I literally swore I would make, or cut some little last minute snow flakes to hang over the table.

Old habits die hard.


Brunch was still yummy, and we were so glad to spend the day with friends.



No antlers were sourced, but after a few back and forth twitter suggestions, Celia helped me settle on this:



(It's a birch branch wrapped in big bulbs)

I am really digging all the decorations, and am thinking they just might stay up for a while. Actually, I am pretty happy to find a holiday style I can get behind, kinda wintery instead of just Christmasey.



Off to Joshua Tree tomorrow. Happy New year !!!

15 comments:

  1. the branch looks killer. and the forks with raffia bows... perfection!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! this looks straight out of a magazine. AMAZING!! I love the garland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so cozy and perfect! all the happiness in the new year to you & yours.

    xo,
    g

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is magic (MAGIC!). And the branch turned out *splendidly.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day maybe I will be as magic as you.

    Happy New Year, desert friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:14 AM

    wow, woman, that looks awesome!! happy new year to you and ben. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tablescape. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very clever indeed and your friends are very lucky. It all looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photography! i think we all wish we could have been at that brunch

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything looks amazing! fresh and wintery at the same time.

    the branch is genius. pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wintery wonderland is much nicer than too much Christmas. And I think snow beats candy any day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that branch in the middle of the table. Genius idea. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. silly amanda. you are the most magical of all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Got here via Celia and - I love this..! All the twinkly lights and paper snowflakes...! And the branch? Pure genius. It all looks wonderfully cozy and just - well, beautiful.

    warmly,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete