3.20.2012


I don't make shoe choices easily. A month or so ago I bought a pair of sandals at the mall. They have sit unworn, waiting to be returned in their box. They are common and boring and will only last one season before falling apart. And importantly, they just are not what the heart wants.

When my friends came back from Greece with custom shoes that you could only buy there, I was crushed at their perfection. 

These Ancient Greek Sandals that keep popping up everywhere have come to the rescue, and they are calling my name. Or, my hearts name anyways.


7 comments:

  1. those are amazing - these too
    http://cydwoq.com/womens/vintage-line/vintage-sandals.html

    Just posted about sandal daydreams too. No more cheap throw away pairs for this gal. Need one, great, love you forever pair. And more money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just reminded me about the most perfect pair of leather sandals I bought while in Greece 11 years ago. They finally fell apart last summer. It was a sad sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have bought shoes from here http://www.etsy.com/shop/SANDALI for 3 summers now. i still have the first pair. I have worn them out. i like that the soles are a little thicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look amazing! just hunted down a little boutique here near detroit that sells them....hmmm.....might just have to go try a pair on for size :)

    ps: new to your blog and LOVING it! all the family, polaroid, and desert love warms my heart! planning a trip to joshua tree for May, and your insights have been wonderful! I am traveling solo! An adventure to usher in my 26th year :) and I was curious---is Pappy and Harriet's a place one can wander into alone and still feel at home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT THEM SO BAD. I might have to suck it up. I wonder if they ship to us? They must. Since you know, the shipping would be less than a ticket to italy or greece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Among Ancient Greek sandals design, Erato is my favorite...it's simple, it looks so classic and homey. :) I did not expect buy sandals online this lovely.

    ReplyDelete