4.02.2009



Tomorrow we leave for a mini road trip to visit some of the family. My momma lives at the very edge of a small town outside of las vegas in the middle of the desert. No exaggeration, see?





I took this a few years ago.  It is looking out from across the street she lives on.  See how happy her dogs are?







Technically that one on the right used to be my dog.  But she has been my little sister's dog for at least a decade now.



We are using this as an excuse to visit death valley, reeeeeally hoping to see some wild flowers.  






we also have a special layover planned in amargosa, which i plan to tell you all about.  a possibly *very cool* wedding venue....









because it will affect my blogging habits you should know.  we leave for our trip tomorrow. we come back monday. monday evening, my quarter starts. MY LAST QUARTER. I am simultaneously giddy and terrified.


We'll see how that goes.

7 comments:

  1. Happy travels! I hope there are gazillions of wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desert makes me so happy. And it clearly makes dogs happy. I think it's all the wind.

    Can't wait to see more about your layover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have a great time, it looks gorgeous. And doggies? That always makes a trip worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Death Valley! I hope it blooms for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun!

    And be brave. The last quarter is supposed to be a good one. It's like going down a hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the place your Mum lives looks gorgeous.

    We used to live in California a long time ago.

    Photos like these make me want to return.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete